2017年3月29日水曜日

[LINUX] Simple Voice Recorder for TOEFL Speaking Test


 Since I will take TOEFL iBT several months hence, I need to prepare for the speaking part, which I can't get good marks. It'll be the first time for me to take TOEFL iBT tests. I've ever taken TOEIC once before, though.
 Anyway, to practice speaking, I need to record my voice and listen to my (poor) English. As I have no voice recorders, I made a simple python code to record my voice. It's useless for most of those who take TOEFL because it's designed for linux users, but I decided to share this program.

This code can only be run on linux. Also, you need to install python and arecord in advance. Both of them are usually pre-installed in linux. To make this code work, you have to give one argument that indicates the output file name. As it's written on the top of the code, after running this program, you will have 15 seconds to prepare for your answer. In the 15 seconds, you need to come up with what to answer, consider its reasons and some examples. It's too short, isn't it? Well, next you will have 45 seconds to answer the question. You can optionally start sound player to listen to the recorded voice, by commenting out the last line of the code. (You need VLC media player in this case.)
Since this code was written in 10 minutes, it may contain some bugs.
Anyway, I hope it will help someone....

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿